Re: Jaguar conversion

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Jaguar conversion
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:51:28 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike I just spent the afternoon with a fella that did the ultimate v8
conversion to a XJS  the car is the current record holder in B gas Blown
coupe at Bonneville.. it runs 233mph with a terminal velocity of 257mph...
yeah this thing is fast...

but what is really amazing is that it is totally Streetable.... I mean it
even has High and Low beam lights.... Twin Turbo's and an Iced Intercooler

I was there to determine if the car was safe enough to run at Maxton with
the East Coast Timing association....with me as the Driver.... The car
should run well over 200mph at Maxton.... and I am looking forward to the
opportunity... there are some details to work out that might be show
stoppers and we will have to wait and see if the whole deal actually comes
to be... but it was an interesting car....

The Jag conversion is from John's Cars in Texas by the way...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )