Re: More MC questions (problems)

To: mwalter@luminet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More MC questions (problems)
From: richard.arnold@juno.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 23:20:45 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike:

You must not have got my earlier e-mail on this.....

> Now I am at the white ring. The books (both of them) tell me to
> gently move the shaft back and forth to dislodge the white ring
> and subsequent seal.

The books lie.  Roundly, completely, and with complete sincerity.  About
a number of things.  In particular, they lie about this white nylon ring
thingie.  Drill two holes in the ring, 180 degrees apart.  Stick a
slightly larger wood screw in one of the holes, and screw it in.  This
should break the ring, which can then be removed.  If you need to, put
the screw in the remaining hole, and repeat.

In defense of the manuals, I try to remember that they were probably
written by someone who was dismantling a new assembly, and taking notes
on it.  Doesn't mean they weren't sadistic unconscionable lyin' dogs,
though.....

Luck,

Rich