Re: More MC questions (problems)

To: mwalter@luminet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More MC questions (problems)
From: LBCarNut@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 23:34:56 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/3/99 10:38:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mwalter@luminet.net writes:

> Now I am at the white ring. The books (both of them) tell me to gently move
>  the shaft back and forth to dislodge the white ring and subsequent seal.
>  Bull. I've moved it gently. I've moved it moderately. I've moved it like a
>  backwoods preacher at a come to Jesus meeting. Still no movement.

Michael,
        The rebuild kit should have come with a new one of those washers,
therefore you can drill it in a couple of places and break it in half and
then remove it, some people say you can heat it and melt it (I haven't tried
that approach) be sure to scratch or score the plunger or the cylinder walls.
Hope This Helps
Peter S.
Charlotte NC