Re: waster temp guage

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: waster temp guage
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 17:56:16 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
BCAH@aol.com wrote:

> I am still researching the "948-to-1275" switch for my Bugeye. As I
> understand it,  the mech water temp bulb (which normally screws into the
> radiator) just simply screws into the engine cyl head. Is this true? Someone
> said there was an adaptor involved to do this,-----11K2846--------as the bulb
> itself was too long. Am I on the right track? If I did this , what blocks up
> the new hole in the radiator?

You can plug the hole in the head and use the same radiator hole for the
temp sender if you plan on keeping the down flow rad. If you go to a
cross flow, you will need the adaptor.

Of course, an old bulb from the trash bin
> would work,----but what thread bolt would be used to plug the hole? Somehow I
> get a feeling you can not just go down to the hardware store and buy a brass
> plug fitting. There was thread some time ago about British screwthreads
> being different from USA stuff . The difference being very small.

I picked up a brass plug at the hardware store for the head.
I do not know the thread size but the had it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

60 Bugeye Sprite (my car)
67 Sprite (wife's car)
59 Austin A40 Farina w/AC (daughters car)
71 MG Midget racer (working on it)

http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/