Re: Coming out of lurk mode- parts quality

To: mikeells@shianet.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coming out of lurk mode- parts quality
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:30:43 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/6/99 10:19:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mikeells@shianet.org writes:

<<  I'd like your input, positive or
 negative on suppliers of these parts. I'm more interested in quality and
 fit than price >>

Mike:

I have gotten parts from different suppliers and have been pleased with all
that I have gotten thus far.  When ordering from Moss and Vicky Brit, I
always specify "no oriental parts".  It takes a day or so longer, at least
with Vicky Brit, because they say they check the order.  When ordering from
any supplier for that matter, I always inquire as to where the parts were
made and tell them I want only UK or USA made parts.  But so far it has been
OK.   For shocks, I will go to Peter Caldwell, one of our Spridget network
listers, at Worldwide Auto Parts--I have seen and was impressed with his
shock rebuild operation in Madison, WI, and would not hesitate to call Peter
to see if he had other parts in stock--he has a world of NOS parts.

Just my loose change!!

---David C.