RE: Help! I'm having a ignition problem - resolved!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help! I'm having a ignition problem - resolved!
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:19:03 -0500
Cc: "cfchrist" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks to everyone giving me suggestions and ideas for my ignition problem.
Taking Chucks advice, instead of replacing everything (cap, rotor, wires,
plugs, etc) at once, I did one item at a time, until I found the problem.
The problem was a bad spark plug.  Don't know why, it looked good (except
running a little to rich) but it was only sparking intermittently.  Now that
I know what was causing the problem, I am going to replace cap, rotor,
wires, point, condenser because they look like they are 39 years old,
original parts.  I think I may have a car that will be able to pull itself
up a hill next time I go out!  Pretty exciting!

Thanks again,
Bill