Re: Stereo question

Subject: Re: Stereo question
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:17:40 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
    I just finished my installation of my stereo in my 69 sprite. I cruised
down to a local stereo car show with it to see how it compares to
professional installations. Next thing I know they were giving me the award
of "Cleanest Classic Install". I was shocked.  What I did was get one of
those detachable faceplate radios, and mount the faceplate in a different
place than the CD unit. In my case, the Trunk separator was built by me,
cause the old one was rotten, and the board houses the Speakers and has a
thin slot where you shove CDs in and eject em. The Faceplate is nicely
installed in the Sun Visor. One flip and you would never tell this car had a
CD player. They are really ugly in a classic car IMHO. The worst part about
this solution is the wire you have to use between the faceplate and the
actual unit. Over by the windshield, it gets tight. Another solution would
be to put it in the center console where it is easier to hide. I guess I
will take some pictures and put em up on the web someplace... I will let you
know.

Good luck..

Toby

BTW, my stereo is a Blupunkt (sp?) not the cheapest, not the most
expensive... its held up to my tinkering, it must be good.