Alternator lite....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator lite....
From: richard.arnold@juno.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:17:29 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Another potentially foolish question, but not one intended to revive any
anochronstic threads (someone hates that word) ala' Zappa, cats, or
driveshafts (anyone notice how someone else got blamed for that one?).

Miss Molly, the '79 Midget, has developed a habit of shining her
alternator light at me, albeit dimly, when the headlights are on, and the
heater motor is running.  My battery is good (did a load test last week).
 Am assuming it is either a bad ground, or an alternator putting out an
insufficient amount.  The alternator has been converted to a GM /
AC-Delco unit; and I think (dangerous, I know) that it was rated at 43
amps.  Suggestions, comments, criticisms, and random name-calling are
encouraged and appreciated....

Thanks,

Rich -- Council Bluffs, Iowa
'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com