Re: Camping??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camping??
From: "Richard Hill" <rhill@unify.essd.sri.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:52:41 -0700
Cc: jurban@p3.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Camping for a couple of days shouldn't be a problem -- we took our Midget
for a 10 day trip through the CA redwoods several years ago.  We used a
Playmate cooler which fit behind the seats nicely, crammed most of the rest
in the trunk and had one bag on the luggage rack.  We stopped at least once
to pick up more food (hard to carry 10 days worth of food) and at one point
had various bits of firewood stuffed in all the remaining pockets of space
in the trunk.  The interesting part came when we stopped at Prairie Creek
Redwoods north of Eureka -- they were having big bear problems and everyone
was required to keep their coolers inside the car.  That meant removing the
spare time and cramming the cooler in the trunk.  They told us that the
previous year they didn't even allow convertibles!  Great trip.

Rich
'79 Midget