up & running

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: up & running
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:54:18 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
greetings,
My 1100 is assembled , installed, and 14.7 miles old!
No problems except for coolant leaking from around one of the thermostat
housing fastener nuts....nothing a little silastic wont take care of.
Its remarkable how much the oil level drops as all those nooks and crannies
fill up....dropped to just above the 'min' mark....(hope nobody is going to
tell me I have an oil heammorhage somewhere.)
Its tempting to wind it out but I restrained myself and will endeavour to
keep the revs down for a few hundred miles. I was surprised at how nicely it
runs....I expected it to be ...I dunno..'tight' and hesitant somehow, but it
runs great...its nice to see my oil pressure up where it belongs too. Its
rewarding to build an engine yourself and hear it purr away (for many years
to come, touch wood).
And a beautiful spring day to test it on..should be a good summer..
Andy