Re: Clutch MC help!

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch MC help!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:58:00 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/12/99 6:50:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

<< Did
 later Midgets have a larger fitting on the line than earlier ones?  Was I
 sent the wrong MC? >>

Allen:

You may have been sent the wrong MC.  I don't know about the earlier ones,
but my '79 Midget has 1/4" brake line on both the MC and the Slave Cylinder,
connected with that dastardly plastic line.  I think the fitting for the MC
and the Slave Cylinder are the same size.  I am in the process of replacing
the plastic line with a solid 1/4" brake line.  I think it will be more
burst-resisitant, and I couldnt think of any reason the builders thought the
two extra connections wrought by the plastic line was an improvement.

Hope this helps.

--David C.