Re: And then there were two....

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: And then there were two....
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:53:04 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doug,

In my opinion, you've got the best Spridget model made!  You get the
side-curtain style doors, but with the somewhat larger engine, disc brakes
on the front, and, to answer your question below.......carpets, originally,
instead of rubber mats on the floor.  Makes for an easier restoration since
carpets are readily available.  The carpets for the floor are identical to
the carpet material on the rear of the seats, by the way.  Now I have a
question for you.  There is a controversy on the '63s only regarding whether
the metal shroud around the gearshift lever is painted the same color as the
interior or the exterior of the car.  Is yours painted red or white?  (I
have several '63s, and every one of them had the shroud painted the same
color as the interior when I got them.)

Bob