Re: 1500 Engine ID

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Engine ID
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:18:38 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Christian,
Did you get an answer to this ?
FP = Triumph 1500 engine supplied for MG models
(FM for Triumph 1500 engines fitted to Spitfires)
The UCE ending indicated supplied to California Detox specifications.
This engine was supplied between 1975 and 1979
The number bit, 60180 is well up the numbering of the 72,289 versions of the
1500 Midget built. Almost 10,000 were built in 1979 so your engine number
puts it at a late 1978 manufacture.
Mine is no. 70385, a late 1979 model which was first registered in the UK on
13 Dec.
Hope this helps.
Guy