Re: Home Dyno Software?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Home Dyno Software?
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:07:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Cool!!!

Mike Chaney started this Dyno a few years ago.  He's on the F-Body list(4th
Gen Camaro/Firebird) and constructed one to see if it would work.  I may
have the first version around on an old backup, but the new one is
definitely improved.  He put a lot of time into getting this right and I
believe that the numbers are pretty accurate.

Kinda neat to see a crossover to this list.  Haven't tried it in a while,
though, so YMMV.

Jason.

>This looks interesting...  Basically, you hook an inductive probe up to your
>engine and make an audio recording of the impulses as you accelerate.  Then
>you convert this into a wav file on your computer and run the software.  You
>enter your car's parameters and it analyzes the Wav file and the software
>gives you dyno data for your car.  Check out the link below:
>

>http://www.charm.net/~mchaney/homedyno/dynokit.htm

|  Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060    |
|  CA Recording Studio   web.p3.net/~jurban   |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite  |
|  '96 Land Rover Disco                       |