mystery no more

Subject: mystery no more
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:59:50 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Correct.  This is the reply I've been waiting for.  The same used to be
true in Australia with the addition that a passer-by had to be able to
switch on the lights at dusk if the car was unattended.  As a result as
cars became lockable up until the late 50s cars had external switches for
the parking lights.  Crazy but true.

Peter