Re: The deal with the Horns

Subject: Re: The deal with the Horns
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:32:02 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Herb,

I don't know if I can be of much help here. If you have a second set of horns,
they may have been
installed as a 'dealer option' but there is no telling where they may have come
from. It seems like
back in the 50's-60's the dealers installed all kinds of after market stuff,
and in a lot of
different ways. They could have also been installed by a previous owner who
wasn't satisfied with
the single horn. Are they marked with a manufacturer?? if so they may also have
a date on them.
Since I don't have an 'orginal' bugeye horn, I not sure how to go about fixing
it, let alone take
it apart. Most of the horns I've seen, are 'rivited together, so in order to
open them up, the
rivits would need to be drilled out. I'm the kind of person that would attempt
fixing it myself,
but I'd have to have one in front of me, to determine first how to proceed.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards - Bryan