Re: The deal with the Horns

To: gottstein@erols.com
Subject: Re: The deal with the Horns
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:31:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John,

Don't feel so bad, I have everything working on my bugeye, except the horns.
I've got an orginal
lucus set probably off an MGB, and they both test out fine when hooked directly
to the battery, but
when I wire them up all I get is  'chirp' from them, even if I try just one.
I've tried 'grounding'
the steering rack, which showed a trememdous improvement on the ohm meter, but
that did'nt work, so
then I tried using a relay, while still using the orginal power wire to the
horn, but still no
luck, so my next option is to run a 'dedicated' wire directly from the battery
to power the horns,
but I have been reluctant to do that because it didn't want the messy extra
wire under the bonnet,
but it looks like I don't have any alternative.
In any case the horns do draw a lot of current, so they should be hooked up in
parallel. After
working on the bugeye, and reviewing the schematics, I noticed that the sprite
has one fuse (out of
only two) dedicated to just the horn. ;-)I

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)