Re: relay answer and question

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: relay answer and question
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 21:56:51 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

JustBrits@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 09/17/1999 3:52:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
> wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:
>
> << The pump is rated at 2 amps.  >>
>
> Then please explain why depart from the KISS principal, Bill.
>
> Enquiring minds NEED to know (esoecially since thousands or the cars are out
> there in original - NON-relayed - form????
>
> Ed

Right or wrong, I just don't want  to draw extra current though the
wiring harness.  Since the 77 Midget has a mechanic fuel pump not an
electric one (relayed or non-relayed) it is not original.  There are
thousand of original LCBs that have the headlights non-relayed, but
does anyone really think that it is a good idea? I don't IMHO.
Yes I realize that the headlights draw much more than a fuel pump
but I still think I have the right idea.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei
wmgilroy@lucent.com