Re: MSRP (no LBC content)

To: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MSRP (no LBC content)
From: "George Procyshyn" <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:38:10 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Nobody held a gun to any of these peoples heads. It is
simply supply and demand" What a crock of horse crap. And if
anyone missed that let me repeat it, .... What a crock of
horse crap.  These poor people KNOW that if they want THAT
car they MUST pay the scum sucking car dealers gouged price.
The fact that they pay it doesn't make it right, or fair.
Fair is MSRP and no more. And that doesn't include an extra
$3-400. for undercoating or seat conditioning from a $6.
spray can.  Just another way to screw the consumer.  If
anyone really thinks this is supply and demand your as
gullible as these car dealers are scumbags.
Off list direct flames invited
George Procyshyn
'58 AN5
'74 Midget
'51 & '55 T cars

> A foot note to what started all this.  I have heard that
Auto West Honda in
> Roseville, CA sold out of the 4 allocated S2000's in two
days at.......$6000
> over sticker.  We had people wait two days to secure
financing on the first
> one we sold for...$39500 + fees.  Nobody held a gun to any
of these peoples
> head.  It is simply supply and demand.
> David Riker
> 74 Midget
> 78 Midget
> 63 Falcon

will pay $10K over
> MSRP
> > for a Honda, that's their business.  If no one said,
"I'll take it" when
> > quoted an inflated price, the price would come down
quickly.

> > You have no one to blame but the consuming public for
setting a high
> price.
> > Granted, Honda has limited production of these cars,
which is driving the
> > price up too.  But if nobody would pay the price, Honda
would probably
> drop
> > the car because it wasn't selling.
> >
> > Stick to your LBC!
> >
> > Allen Hefner (LSSS Society of America, computer
division)