Re: Can you lift your Spridget?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Can you lift your Spridget?
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:55:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Here's what I did:

I jacked the car up at the frame support.  I took the spare rear wheel off
and tried to replace the regular one.  I got two or three of the lugs into
the wheel holes, but the car was not quite high enough to just slide the
wheel straight on to all four lugs.  With the wheel partially supporting the
rear of the car, the load that Mrs. Sorkin was able to relieve from the jack
was sufficient for me to place the wheel onto the hub and tighten the lug
nuts.  We would be glad to demonstrate at any future Spridget event.  It
only requires a modest amount of effort.

Had I simply requested that she lift the car off of the jack, I'm sure that
she would have had a difficult time.  So you are correct with what you
envisioned.

But she did lift a Spridget.