Re: Can you lift your Spridget?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can you lift your Spridget?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:39:56 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/21/99 4:06:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< I jacked the car up at the frame support.  I took the spare rear wheel off
 and tried to replace the regular one.  I got two or three of the lugs into
 the wheel holes, but the car was not quite high enough to just slide the
 wheel straight on to all four lugs.  With the wheel partially supporting the
 rear of the car, the load that Mrs. Sorkin was able to relieve from the jack
 was sufficient for me to place the wheel onto the hub and tighten the lug
 nuts.  We would be glad to demonstrate at any future Spridget event.  It
 only requires a modest amount of effort.

 Had I simply requested that she lift the car off of the jack, I'm sure that
 she would have had a difficult time.  So you are correct with what you
 envisioned. >>

I'll go along with that explanation.  (That means, I give up.)  She reduced
the weight on the axle enough that pushing the wheel into place lifted it the
rest of the way.

Which is cheaper, a bigger jack or chiropractor sessions?

(BTW, I'm really not serious about all this!  <BG>)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport