RE: engine lift

To: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: engine lift
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:00:28 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Robert,

I recently purchased a lift from China also.  A couple of quick things to
check out on it.  Do the stabilizing feet come out perpendicular to the
lift, or are they off at an angle? On mine, they come off at an angle, and
when the lift is moved forward, it bumped into the wheels!  To get around
that, I removed the wheels and jacked the car up under the crossmember.  I
was then able to roll the lift to the correct position, and if I needed to
move the car any, the jack supported the car enough to be able to move the
car also.  If the feet are perpendicular,  make sure you  can adjust the
width, because I ran across one once that was not adjustable, and they were
exactly the width of the wheelbase of the car, and long enough that even
with the front tires removed, they hit the back tires!   Anyways, I'm sure
you'll enjoy the lift, I sure have enjoyed mine.  It just may be a little
extra work to get it going!  Talk to you later!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA