Re: engine lift

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: engine lift
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:37:46 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert Duquette wrote:

> I just purchased an engine lift locally that seems to be a fair quality.
> The company that I bought it from has web presence at www.princessauto.com.
> It is currently on sale for 238 Cdn.  ( 121 off list ).  For those who care,
> it is made in China.  Lifting capacity is 2 tons and it weighs 253 lbs.  I

The only thing I can think of is I bought a jack (made in china) that has a
vertical lift of 36 inches.  After about 30 uses the lifting piston started to
leak jack oil.   Since it is not a major brand I can't get a seal kit for
the piston.  Now this thing marks my garage more than the car.  Other then
that it works fine.  I also have to add oil quite a bit.  Good luck and I
hope the piston last forever.  I am a bit leery of offshore jacking products.

As an aside does anyone know of a high quality and repairable jack that
will lift my cars about 36 inches?  When your car is 30 inches off the
ground it is easier to move about underneath.  What I really want is a
lift but that is far to costly at this point in my life.

--
William M. Gilroy
77 Midget

E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com