Rule Brittania

To: Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Rule Brittania
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:26:23 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Guy,

Sure thing but I prefer the Leominster to Hereford road.  Once followed at
speed (because racing on the public highway is an indictable offence) an XR3
and while the road didn't present a suitable overtaking manoeuvre I did get
to see daylight appear between his left front wheel and the road.

How are things in your county?  Here in NorthamptonSHIRE car owners generally
still polish their cars rather than buff them and I recommend Simoniz Triple
wax and now and again I have been known to T cut the car first.  Probably you
can get these polishes at your local branch of Halfords.  I usually wash the
car with Turtle wax and so far haven't had the RSPCA knock at my door to
complain - do you think they ever will?

No-one has backed into my fenders recently but I guess this has a lot to with
the fact that my Sprite has wings.  Of course it can't fly but that doesn't
mean it is a penguin, talking of which did you know that in the USA they call
a Mars bar either a milky way or snickers.  Funny thing is you don't see
Milky way bars in the shops much these days.

I was thinking about going on a 1,700 mile drive with my Sprite and wasn't
sure whether or not to trailer it till I realised that probably the whole of
England let alone Scotland simply isn't that long or is it?

I read in the newspaper the other day that our Monarch was working on her
Christmas speech, was this an advert and does this make here a trailer Queen
and should I vote for her or that other Queen - something or other Portillo?

I think this is enough trivia chit chat for now, thank goodness all Spridget
enthusiasts speak a common language and never forget the rule Britannia is
cool Britannia and nothing to with country and western music though I
wouldn't kick the dixie chicks out of bed if I got lucky.

Daniel1312

<< fancy a trip on the Shrewsbury to Hereford road?
 (A49)
 Guy >>