Re: Sprite bypass hose

To: JamesA@hi-torque.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite bypass hose
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:42:49 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/30/99 2:05:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JamesA@hi-torque.com writes:

<< The new version of this hose comes in an "accordion" or "bellows"
 configuration, but I'm
 guessing this is to allow for expansion/contraction between the pump and
 housing as the engine
 heats up and cools down. I'm also guessing that this "bellows"
 configuration would *not*
 provide enough "squeeze" to allow the hose to be installed without
 moving the
 pump as noted above. >>

I haven't tried replacing a bypass hose in a Spridget, but I have done the
job in my Triumph and other cars.  Usually an accordian type hose is a
generic hose that fits several applications. (Fitzall!)  It is made that way
so it can be bent without kinking.  The "correct" hose is not accordian
shaped and is molded to the correct curve, thereby limiting the number of
applications it will fit.  AFAIK, it is not made like an accordian to expand
with pressure.

The only way you will know if you can replace the hose without removing the
pump is to try it.

Good luck.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward