Re: Insurance thread

To: tom Blaskovics <u2347@wvnvm.wvnet.edu>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, British Car List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance thread
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:07:28 -0400
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Tom,
This seems like too simple a question so I am not sure if I am providing the
answer you are looking for, but here goes.

In your example, there is a vehicle insured for $30,000 Agreed Value that
sustains
$6,000 damage.

The insurance company will pay $6,000 minus any applicable deductibles to repair
the vehicle at the shop that the owner chooses.

This response is based on actual experience with classic car insurers.

Jay Fishbein
Independent Insurance Agent, CT
AN-5
HAN-6