Re: Smoke problem is moot!

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Smoke problem is moot!
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:10:48 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> The operators were rather interesting.  I got to the station late in the
> day, and they were about to turn me away, when the first staff member
> noticed that I had an unusually small car, and I suspect that they only let
> me in so that he could watch his partner at the other end of the facility
> struggle to get in an out.  That fellow was about 6-4 and probably 250
> pounds.  Anyway, he got in with no problem, but couldn't gracefully
> emerge... he ended up falling sideways from the car and crawled out on his
> hands!

I had the same experience.  The brake guy for my car was about 6-5 and 200
pounds.  A real bean pole.  He fell out, and all of the guys stood around
laughing at him.  This was in Piscataway, since you are from Bloomfield I
figure you use a different inspection station.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei