Re: CLUTCH PROBLEM..(a bit urgent)

To: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: CLUTCH PROBLEM..(a bit urgent)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 23:03:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Andy Webster wrote:

> greetings,
> My brother has come down from sydney to melbourne to pick up his sprite. He
> decided to change his clutch plate, so yesterday we pulled the motor and
> installed a new one. No other changes were made.
> PROBLEM: the pedal is a lot stiffer than it was and the clutch is not
> disengaging,i.e you can't select a gear,it just crunches.
> He's supposed to be driving back up to Sydney today so any tips will be
> greatly appreciated.
> Andy

Sounds like a different profile clutch.
Try adding a nut to the slave push rod and see if it helps.
Remove the push rod, insert a nut, replace the rod.
Words of caution, too much and the t/o bearing will wear out prematurely
Look into the hole with a light and make sure the release bearing is not
riding on the plate after the nut is installed.
A longer pin can be made from a long bolt with a torch, BF hammer, and a
drill.

 Frank
"Drive it Like You Stole it"
 http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/