Re: Rear Dick Brakes--Serious reply.

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Dick Brakes--Serious reply.
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:06:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/3/99 2:41:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< I just saw an ad in a racing magazine for Winner's Circle for a bolt on
rear
 disk brake conversion for a Spridget. >>

I don't understand the reason for a rear disk brake converson for the rear,
especially on a Spridget.  The front end takes what, 75-80% of the braking
pressure?   Seems to me like it would be money spent that could be used on a
more crucial modification.  Of course, it allows the owner to stick his
thumbs in his lapel, rare back, and announce to all listeners, "An she's got
full 4-wheel disk brakes!"

Maybe for racing, but even there, I would wonder if rear disks would be as
crucial as larger front disks and/or the cross-drilled disks.  Maybe WST,
Keith Turk or one of the other racers will enlighten us on that.

---David C.