Re: MG's at Mercer

To: jurban@p3.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG's at Mercer
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:29:27 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/4/99 2:41:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jurban@p3.net
writes:

<< Allen Hefner's
 Midget is a sharp one.  While standing talking to Allen, watching the
 magnetic SCCA stickers slide down the door, we wondered where Larry Macy
 could be.  Well, over by the entrance we notice this strange, flashy car.
 Gotta be the Artero, but where's Larry?? - over getting food!  >>

Thanks Jason.  It was good to see you there.  It was also fun to bring the
Midget out for it's first show!  I'm a little paranoid about driving without
a water temp gauge, so that will have to be fixed.

I was surprised at the lack of magnetic attraction shown by my passenger side
door, but it looks good, so I'm not going to worry about it.  I'll just get
some vinyl numbers from CSE.

Larry Macy's Artero was a hit.  There are no markings on it, so everyone
wanted to know what it was.  His GF seemed to be a hit too.  She's nice!
(But too tall!)

BTW, David Deutsch won Diamond in the Rough for his beat MGB-GT.  David is a
frequent lister on the MGs list, and he is the membership guy for NAMGBR.
All in all, it was a great day in Doylestown and beautiful weather.

To top off the weekend, I went to Frederick, MD and took 4th place overall
(out of 25 cars) in the Catoctin Monte SCCA Divisional Rally, with my
navigator, Rene Ruel.  Yep, a good weekend.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport