Re: Supertrapp

To: mhanna@ball.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Supertrapp
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:55:34 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,

I installed the RC-40 system on my bugeye. It was rated by Vizard as the best
'flowing' of all the systems he tested. Unfortunately the system only comes set
up for the Mini, so I has to have some custom tubes bent ($50), and I hung it
and welded it myself(maintaining the original distance between the two cans).
It
has a nice exhaust note, which is actually not much louder than stock.  The
system really was not that expensive (~$130). So far I'm pretty happy with it.
You can also buy just the back RC-40 muffler separately, but I don't know how
loud the result would be. I also noticed that there is some pretty nice exhaust
systems available from APT (http://www.aptfast.com).

BTW - I also saw a pretty nice set of racing headers on a Sprite in the body
shop that did my car. The exhaust is run down the inside of the transmission
tunnel, so that that car can be lowered. I can imagine the tunnel would get
pretty 'hot' with that system though.

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)