Re: question

To: Jon Paschke <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: question
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 23:02:43 -0400
Cc: midget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jon Paschke wrote:

> A fellow here has a bug eye car or should I say parts of a bug eye and I
> would like to know what a car with a good bonnet but nothing back of the
> doors would be worth? It is a roller with parts of the engine w/tranny but
> has been made into a pickup - weird and not restorable unless you had
> another car. The guy wants $400 oh ya it's been sitting years but here in
> the desert things really don't rust.
> So what do you think? Buy it for the bonnet and put it on a Midget/Sprite
> and make a "piecestwo"?
> Give me a clue.
> Jon

Bugeye bonnets can be had from about $100 for a repairable mess to $300
for a nice one just needing paint.
I would offer $200 for the works. You get a rear, engine, tranny parts,
and maybe a semi usable front suspension.
I doubt they are beating down his door to buy it.
--
 Frank
"Drive it Like You Stole it"