Re: question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, birdman@lightspeed.net
Subject: Re: question
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:31:12 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jon,

Since I have been out looking at replacement steel bonnets for my damaged
bugeye, I'll share my experience with you. Here in CA (SF bay area) it looks
like bonnets go for $100 to $750 depending on condition. So far I haven't seen
one that I'd be willing to spend more than $400 on. Most of what I've seen has
had some pretty severe surface rust, and required at least $200-$500 in body
work. So if you have found a nice straight bonnet, on a rolling wreck, it's
probably worth it. You could always recover a couple hundred dollars by selling
off the usable pieces off the car, like the front suspension, steering rack,
heater, blower, wiper motor etc. in fact, you may even break even.

Regaards,
Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA