Re: Overheating 1500 Midget

To: KGROWLER@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overheating 1500 Midget
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:08:27 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/5/99 4:14:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, KGROWLER@aol.com
writes:

<< Any ideas? The cool air from the heater outlet when it happens throws me.
 am about to pull the engine for a 100K rebuild but the spare engine is still
 not ready. I'd like to drive the car to the NAMGBR AGM in St.Paul in two
 weeks but not if I don't figure out what is going on here. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The cool air from the heater has to indicate that there is no coolent
circulating in the heater core.  Maybe it is blocked.  The rest of the
overheating sure sounds like a sticking thermostat.  It's not unusual to get
a bad one.  It could also be a blockage elsewhere, which could explain the
cool heater.

Cooling systems are one of the simplest parts of a car.  The water goes into
the engine and gets hot...and goes into the radiator and gets cool.  Stop the
flow, and you have a problem.

Hope you find your problem.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward