Re: Overheating 1500 Midget

To: Bruce Lowry <egnorant@flash.net>, KGROWLER@aol.com
Subject: Re: Overheating 1500 Midget
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:40:42 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Right answer, but the reason given is a common
misconception.  The more flow in a system, the more
heat transfer will occur.  However, with too high a
flow rate (that is, beyond the design's intent) there
will be high fluid velocities and  poor distribution
of the coolant, and there will be hot spots. This will
happen in the distribution header of a radiator, and
is why a good radiator should be sized for low
velocities in the header (large area relative to the
tubes so that the ratio of velocity pressure to total
pressure is low).

=====
Ron Soave
"You Are What You Remember"