Re: engine removal

To: brent.wolf@gte.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine removal
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 07:54:16 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/9/99 12:11:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brent.wolf@gte.net writes:

<< Quick question - Where is the back chain attached to pull the engine from a
 76 Midget? The front bracket is attached, but nothing in the rear.

Brent:

Opinions will vary, but I liked the rear exhaust manifold bolt.  Going
between that and the generator bracket bolt in front gave it a nice balance,
and I thought it was safe enough.  Some say to bolt it to the valve cover
bolts, but that exerts a straight up pull and I have heard at least one
account of that one coming loose.

The job is also a lot easier if you have a leveler, especially if you are
pulling the tranny with the engine.

==David C.