Re: engine removal

To: "\"Brent & Tatiana \\\"Monito\\\" Wolf\"" <brent.wolf@gte.net>
Subject: Re: engine removal
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:41:32 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brent & Tatiana \"Monito\" Wolf wrote:

> Quick question - Where is the back chain attached to pull the engine from a
> 76 Midget? The front bracket is attached, but nothing in the rear.
>
> TIA
>
> Brent
> 76 Midget - more pieces.

I used an old engine leveler and I attached to some old head studs.
The head was off on my engine.  One other useful tip, use a large floor
jack to jack up the back of the car.  This makes it easier to get
the engine out.  You might have to monkey with the height of the rear
end depending on the attitude of the engine.  See if this helps if you
are having any trouble getting it out.  I guess this would only
apply if you are pulling both the engine and the transmission like
I did.  Good luck and watch out for your fingers, we don't want to
call you "lefty".

Bill

--
William Gilroy
77 Midget

TrackTime Driving School where the only requirement is
"You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid drivers's license
and able to drive a strandard stick shift and fit through the car window"