Re: Krazy idea

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Krazy idea
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:12:31 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Pumping in pure oxygen probably would be....dangerous, but I'm thinking more
supplementing the O2 supply. Adding ,say, the amount of oxygen that would be
in the 'extra' air supplied by a forced induction device.
In answer to your question though, pure oxygen is not explosive, but in the
prescence of pure oxygen just about anything is...even donuts!
e.g The calories in a donut can be measured by placing a known amount in a
"bomb" calorimeter(a strong steel box with a heat sink). Pure oxygen is
pumped in to a certain pressure , the sample is ignited and literally
detonates, and the enegy released (calorie content)is measured as heat
output.
Andy