Re: Fuel pump... and Altitude Sickness

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pump... and Altitude Sickness
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:23:32 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/13/99 10:49:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< As someone pointed
 out, the problem is not an air deficiency, but an oxygen deficiency. >>

Ok ok--Air deficiency Oxygen deficiency--Air Deficiency read Oxygen
deficiency.  I guarantee you if someone cut off your breathing Air you would
have an air deficiency but would die of oxygen deficiency.  As I recall from
Advanced Atsmopheric Science, Air is the carrier of Oxygen for both bodies
and engines.  I don't see the reason for splitting hairs, or atmospheres.
And I know the O2 level in a given quantity of air is lower at altitude!  The
thing is at altitude there is too little of that gaseous stuff and too much
of that liquid stuff and the liquid stuff has to be leaned out (i.e.,
reduced, cut back, lowered, diluted, et.al.) to maintain the gaseous
stuff/liquid stuff balance.

--David C.