Re: Stupid thieves (LBC protection content only)

To: Greg Gowins <cartman@dnai.com>, Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid thieves (LBC protection content only)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:14:14 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Folks,
I recently  installed a wireless alarm system that is
extremely non-invasive from an installation
standpoint.  Got the garage covered real easily.
Might want to consider that.  I believe the receiver
can be 100 yds or so from the sensor/transmitter.
Great for remote garages.  PIECES slept better than I
did on its recent visit.

--- Greg Gowins <cartman@dnai.com> wrote:
> Howdy listers,
>
> Thanks for the ideas on how better to secure the
> garage.  I've already
> disconnected the wires that ran to the switch.
> Evidently that was something
> maintenance was supposed to do over a year ago, but
> for whatever reason my
> garage was skipped.  I can't use the 2X4 method
> because the only entrance to
> the garage is the garage door..  I'll look into a
> motion sensor to add.
> However,  now that the lock is no longer wired,
> they'll either have to use a
> code scanner to open the door, or cut through it.  I
> hope they don't take
> those measures.  But I checked and my insurance is
> current and it does cover
> a detached garage.  It's just a pain to go and
> replace that stuff if it is
> taken.  Thanks again to the list!
>
> Greg Gowins
> '69 Sprite
> Dublin, CA
>
> PS  I wish I was still in Texas.  In Texas, you can
> use deadly force at
> night to protect personal property.  In CA, if you
> do that, you just get
> sued by the burglar.

=====
Ron Soave