Cajun food was introduction

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cajun food was introduction
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:12:19 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Like Frank, I couldn't pass up the beautiful weather and took
Kermit out for a days run. Couldn't beat todays weather for just
cruising.  I took all of the back roads (whats left of them) for
a cool tour.  Tomorrow according to the weather people is
susposed to be wet!

I too am a displaced southerner and all this discussion of late
has perked my taste buds and after todays cruise, appetite.  I'm
originally from Louisiana (Madisonville) and was raised on good
southern cooking.  My MaMa made the best red beans and rice I
have ever ate anywhere (unfortunately her recipe died with her)
I've come up with a reasonable copy of hers but it still lacks
something. We didn't cotton to the hot sausages (Chaurice) and
used Andouille (from K-Pauls in New Orleans) along with a ham
hock. Hey Derf I have realatives in Ba-tooon Roo-ge.  MaMa also
made a seafood Jambalaya to kill for. She threw in what she could
get, catfish, clams, oysters, shrimp, crab meat, crawdads, and a
little ham to taste!  Derf have you tried Cajun Popcorn (deep
fried crawdad tails)?  Boy I miss them.  I have a friend in the
seafood business and he gets me a five pound bag when their
running.  Been a while since I've had some tho.  Need some good
corn bread/pone to go with all of the above!  Come to think of it
I got some red beans (and rice) put up in the freezer.  Gotta go
you' all and start defrosting.....

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'
'62 Sprite, 'Ole Gray'