Tach drive

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach drive
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,
I have been working with a machinist in town to try to
come up with gears to replace those in a generator
tach reduction gearbox (it a 4:1 ratio).  What we are
trying to do is find spur gears from, say, Berg or
Boston Gear, that can be modified to work.  Has anyone
done this research before?

This was spurred by a failure of my gearbox.  The box
is an aftermarket item from "a major LBC part
distrbutor" (begins with M, rhymes with "Toss") with
potmetal gears.  Several teeth just kind of sheared
off, and the machinist said the quality of the metal
on the gears was "expletive deleted."  The machinist
basically felt the entire box could be hand-made with
high quality for what the aftermarket places charge.
If this ends up being the case, you'll be the first to
know.

=====
Ron Soave
"You Are What You Remember"