noise be gone

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: noise be gone
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:21:27 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spridgeteers,

Using logic and superior intellect (lol), I have rid the car, for now, of
the "thrum... thrum... thrum... thrum..." noise. First, on the suggestions
of list members, I swapped out the tire/wheel with the spare. No change.
Then I noted that the noise went away if I applied the handbrake, came back
when I released the brake. I removed the wheel and the brake drum, but
nothing seemed amiss other than the drum nuts were only finger tight.
Hmmm... Anyway, once it was all reassembled, the noise did not recur. Hard
to say what it may have been as the drum wasn't really loose.

Thanks for the various replies.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision