Re: noise be gone..list rambling

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: noise be gone..list rambling
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:41:54 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/20/1999 4:19:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

<<
 Thanks for the various replies.

 Jeff

 Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
 Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
 h >>

Glad you "fixed" it Jeff.

So what's happened to everyone.  I'm out of town one night, Saturday, and
come home to find 138 e-mails, most entertaining, many off topic, but still
fun to read, or easy to delete.

The ONE guy complains and leaves the list, a great guy perhaps, but not a
regular contributor, and now EVERY BODY SHUTS UP?????

Come on gang.  We talk cars, not always spridgets, but we usually get back to
them occasionally.  We talk beer, and what fun is working on the car if you
cant have a beer too?
We talk a bunch of trash yes, but the last two topics, (not pieces of string)
were organizing the Texas bash at Elizabeths, and how car clubs and events
could be improved.  Both very worthwhile themes in my opinion.

If I want only technical talk about the Spridgets Ican read the manual.

Face it, they ain't the space shuttle, and we've discussed most every part of
every variation.  If someone has a problem, it doesn't take us long to give
an opinion as to  what might be wrong.  Even us non experts can usuall
remember what size hammer Frank said to use on what carb or distributor.

There are certainly fewer snobs and ultra techies on this list than some of
the others.  Wanna check the Triumph archives under thermostat and read more
than you ever wanted to know about the thermodynamics of water, cast iron,
steel, anti-freeze, coolant in motion, etc, etc, etc...down to the molecular
structure of each and more....

I for one am enjoying the heck out of this list, although I miss the feminine
input of both Amys and Nory.  And by the way Ed, you haven't been on a high
horse about anything trivial in over a week, you sick?

Frank, I bought Lithuanian light bulbs at Home Depot and LOVE 'em!

Let the list resume...........

R. Houston