Re: noise be gone..list rambling

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: noise be gone..list rambling
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:45:35 -0400
Cc: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> The ONE guy complains and leaves the list, a great guy perhaps, but not a
> regular contributor, and now EVERY BODY SHUTS UP?????

This list is like a garage.  A bunch of people talking cars, beer, and
whatever else comes to mind.  I learned a bunch and met some really nice
people.  Funny you come to know people thought the list and you (at least
I do) form an opinion of them, and I also form a mental picture of what they
look like.  Man is it a surprise to met some of the people in person, not
at all what I expected.  Usually I have the age way off.

> There are certainly fewer snobs and ultra techies on this list than some of
> the others.  Wanna check the Triumph archives under thermostat and read more
> than you ever wanted to know about the thermodynamics of water, cast iron,
> steel, anti-freeze, coolant in motion, etc, etc, etc...down to the molecular
> structure of each and more....

At some level some of this stuff if interesting.  If they really start
covering thermodynamics I just move to the next message.  But conversation
like this have dispelled some of my beliefs as incorrect.  Learn something
new each day.  I have really picked some handy tips, and learned about
some really great products.

TIP #1:
My tip of the day is a while back I bought a florescent drop light.  Works
much better than the old incandescent light I have.  This light is on a
self retracting reel that hangs from the garage ceiling.  Well worth every
cent I paid.

TIP #2:
Oh yeah, if you have a garage that get mice, now is the time of year the little
beggars start take up residences.  I found one in my work boot in the garage.
Scare the living daylights out of me when I put my foot into the boot and the
mouse started to run around my foot. Screamed like a school girl (sorry girls).
Put out a trap last night and I had my first mouse this morning.  A sure fire
trick to bait traps is this.  Take some cotton string and tie it around the loop
at the end of the trigger.  Now cut the string so you have 4 or 6 1/2 inch
pieces.  Use peanut butter as bait and coat the trigger and the strings.  You
find the mice can clean off the trigger, but they will chew and tug on the
strings.  Gets them every time.  SNAP, sorry guys.

--
Bill "Little game hunter" Gilroy
77 Midget

E-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com