Re: Part Or Fix

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Part Or Fix
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:06:41 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/22/99 2:11:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< How difficult are the dual line brake mc's to rebuild? I see that new ones
 are pretty expensive. >>

Larry:  I was informed that the RWA Midget is getting hard to find--I have
one in storage in worse shape than the one you are describing.  Maybe that
will help figure into your decision.   As to the MC, I found one rebuilt at
Advance Auto for about $36.  I had intentions on rebuilding one until I got
into it and couldnt figure out how to get the thing apart--there seems to be
a c-clip imbedded deeply inside the thing that is there to stay.  Other
listers may know more about getting it out than I, but I tried all the ideas
the list came up with back when I was messing with it.  Anyway, then someone
on here informed me of the great deal at Advance and I bought one.  Easy to
forget rebuilding at that price.

--David C.