Part Or Fix

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Part Or Fix
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:59:50 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Got the new RWA Midget home last night. The only serious body rust appears
to be the driver side door post. Floors look good. Left side front wing has
a bend that it should not have. The bonnet does not have the rusty front
that  they are known for but does have a dip across the front edge. All told
the body looks pretty good. This makes the decision to part it of fix it
more difficult. I was kind of hoping that the floor pan would be Swiss
cheese and the rockers would be falling off. Then I would not feel bad about
parting it out.

I have not looked at the mechanic's yet but the master cylinders are empty
so the hydraulics are probably toast although the front calipers may be
alright.

Lots of surface rust around the mc box so all of this would have to be
stripped and cleaned up.

How difficult are the dual line brake mc's to rebuild? I see that new ones
are pretty expensive.

I'll probably tear it apart before I decide whether or not to just part it
out.

Still don't know what type the wheels are. They look like Minilites but I've
been told that all Minilites are marked as such. These have no markings on
the outside. I will remove one tonight and check the backside. I will post
some pictures of the wheels for list comments this weekend if they have no
markings at all.

I've always wanted a Bugeye with turn signals on the stalk so may just
transfer all of the dash and steering to my other Bugeye (like Bob & Ann's).
I could also transfer the dual line brake system and convert it back to
solid wheels. Parting it sounds better all the time.

Anybody in the Monterey area want a pretty good RWA body shell?

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
It's more fun to chase a cat than to catch one.