Re: best engine block year?

To: toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: best engine block year?
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:02:02 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Toby. As far as desmoging a Sprite, I really don't know. But I have a 79
Spitfire that had all the smog stuff on it from the factory before I bought
it. Someone along the line took all the smog stuff off and to this day it
runs just fine. Carbon canisters are still there but they aren't really
hooked to anything. If anything the engine has more power now cause the smog
system isn't dragging the engine down. Now I assume since the Spitfire and
Sprite are very similar mechanically there shouldn't be any problem unsmoging
a 1275. I'll leave that for the list to decide though. Just giving you my
opinion and theory.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MKll
1979 Spitfire 1500
Web site link:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>Wel
come to my british car site</A>

In a message dated 10/23/1999 9:37:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,