1500 5-speed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 5-speed
From: Michael Walter <mwalter@luminet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:07:32 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The other day, I got ballsy and decided to take the '79 midget out on a
road with a 65mph speed limit, just to see if it could do it. Well, heading
out, I was going into a major wind, so I didn't push it. However, coming
back, I went for it. She went to 65 without a moment's hesitation. Just
like the brochures promised. However, at 65mph (3000 rpm) she was feeling
like she was not too happy. Nothing earth shattering, it's just that she
felt like she was wound up about as tight as she was going to go (forget
the 140mph on the speedometer). I'm thinking to myself, "man, would a 5
speed be great on this puppy. Hell, with it's weight, I could be
airborne:-)". Has anyone put a 5 speed on a 1500? I know it would not be
'legitimate' then, but man, would it be fun :-P

I keep telling myself that it is getting cold here (MInnesota), and my
heater doesn't work, but I can't seem to put it away.

Michael Walter - Winona, MN
mwalter@luminet.net
http://www.luminet.net/~mwalter/

"There is a price to be paid for owning a piece of automotive history"
old truck (his) - new Honda (hers) - '81 Harley (his)
'79Midget (to be decided)