RE:RPM Range...was Elizabeth's GT

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:RPM Range...was Elizabeth's GT
From: tom zylla <bugeyeguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Gang,
These engines were designed to RUN!!!! If the redline
is 6000, then the top of the horsepower curve is most
assuredly over 4500. I've had Starbug's engine dyno
tested and it's been run at 7 grand during that test.
7000 rpm X the 1:1 final drive X the 3.90 rear end
ratio...plus the tire size and it's relatively easy to
exceed 90 mph.
I live in So-Cal...and routinely run the engine over
4500 just getting on the freeway! I cruise to events
like the greater L.A. British meet at 70+ mph and the
smiles from the people passing me and getting passed
by me are brilliant. One of the reasons I love to
drive these cars!!! Ask anyone of the Central Coast
British Car Club who have followed us to any event and
they'll all tell you the  same thing....that little
cars really gets with the program...and the exhaust
note of a finely tuned engine can't be beat when going
under the overpasses < 8-) > big grin...
Will I make it to Texas? probably not...and it's for
purely personal reasons....anyways...
Drive the piss out of 'em,
Tom Zylla
Camarillo, CA